Trade and commerce, easy communications and rapid transport, the radio and cinema, all helped to create an international atmosphere and to produce the delusion that nationalism was doomed. Yet whenever a crisis has arisen nationalism has emerged again and dominated the scene, and people have sought comfort and strength in their old traditions.
Important Points to Remember about this Essay:
1. The past should not be over revered or ignored.
2. The future and the present grow out of the past.
3. Nationalism is based upon the past achievements and traditions.
4. It is the most powerful force to influence the people.
5. Some people thought it will be replaced by internationalism.
6. Nationalism emerges during a national crisis.
7. People seek comfort and strength in old traditions.